Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crazy


It appears as if No Cobwebs Here has gone dark for a few days, doesn't it? I've been so faithful with posting three times weekly since becoming a blogger it drove me crazy that I had broken my own schedule.

Really crazy. But then it occurred to me it was likely crazier to agonize so over a volunteer schedule of my own creation. Especially as I'm supposed to be on Christmas holiday.

And to tell you the truth, although it seems as if being away would give me mountains of material, I've been too cold to be the least bit witty. I had nothing for you. Apparently light snow and near freezing temperatures fog this Florida girl's brain. 

No, I'm certain it wasn't the straight up Yukon Jack. That episode, BTW, was merely an attempt to fuel dying embers. Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Anyway, this got me to thinking. What is crazy really? Is it a pink and green drawer (Post 12/11/09, Murky Filing)? The desire to scare a goat (Post 12/07/09, I'm Not a Mean Girl)? A fourth Yukon Jack? 

The craziness of others makes for riveting conversation. And upon stepping for a short time back into the life and dramas of extended family, one could spend hours being riveted (or possibly tormented). 

However, it's perhaps saner (and possibly kinder) to consider my own possible craziness which I am this morning doing. I'm going to give you only three examples and leave you to decide where I might fall on the spectrum. I know you'll keep in mind there's much between sane and crazy. Nonsensical, silly, quirky, zany, and simply hearing one's own drummer drumming too loudly immediately come to mind.

Here you go:

1. I often listen to only the same CD...over and over...for weeks at a time. (I've done this ever since Michael Jackson came out with I'll Be There when I was in middle school. Merely nonsense?) 

2. Regardless of how awful a book might be, I cannot make myself stop reading it once I start.(Although I confess to speed reading which I don't really know how to do. A tad quirky?) 

3. If I've been out with others or at a party - even if I'm having a blast - I must be alone for awhile afterward. Otherwise, I become the poster child for Crabby Cat. (I might have to concede to crazy - or close to it - on this point.)

 


The picture at the top of the page epitomizes crazy, don't you think? It's actually an element seen at St. Louis' City Museum, an incredible museum for both young and old that is so unique you can hardly explain it to others. 

The two you see above are my favorite young people on the planet - my Kenny and Torie Montana. It's a joy for me to see them together. What you can't hear of course, is Torie urging me to hurry with the picture taking because she was freezing. We've become Florida wussies!

If you'd like to check out the City Museum, click on this link:
http://www.citymuseum.org


No comments:

Post a Comment