Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm Not A Mean Girl

Did you know that if you hit a lizard with your hose on jet he is catapulted into the air and lands a good four or five feet from where you blasted him? It's tremendous fun when you're watering.

On the chance you're now thinking I'm a mean girl, I beg you keep a few things in mind.

First, I've seen lizards jump from my second story deck and then race away. They've no qualms about leaving their tails lying about as they...then race away. And, they can dramatically lower their respiratory rate, making it possible for them to survive the toxic, termite killing gases blown into a tented home - gases that can do even a human in. Yes, they do then...race away once the tent is removed and humans again enter the premises.

God clearly made a sturdy creature with the lizard. 

I like to think the acrobats I instigate are nothing more than harmless shenanigans for the both of us. And I must say, a lizard looks almost joyful as he flies through the air. Especially if you can hit him the slightest bit on the underside so as to catch some air under him as he sails from you into the sunshine. 

But now I've a longing greater than that of blasting a lizard into the air. I want to scare a goat.

I'd be the first to agree it's an odd longing. And, until Babs made me aware there are species of goats that fall to the ground in a temporary faint upon being frightened, I didn't even know I'd want to do such a thing.

It perhaps sounds cruel, but if you see it...well, it's hysterically funny.  If you doubt my words you must search YouTube for "scared goats". When you do, you'll find videos such as this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnnGZnOanz0 

Oh my gosh, I LOL every time I see it.

On the chance you might still think me a mean girl, know that yesterday I was a judge for the first annual Hounds on the Mound here on Fort Myers Beach. I judged the Ugliest Dog and Most Talented. I also voted on the People's Choice for Best Costume.

They don't let mean girls in on that. 

The picture you see is Buster, the very kewl poodle belonging to my neighbor, Jessica Titus. Buster usually falls down and plays dead when Jessie cries, "Bam!" He was somewhat less than cooperative yesterday so the Santa spaniel pulling the sleigh won Most Talented. It was a tough call though!

Jessica Titus is my favorite Beach Realtor by the way. Her company is Fort Myers Beach Realty, www.FMBeachRealty.com.

1 comment: