Friday, January 1, 2010

Letting Go

It happens every New Year's Eve. There are moments throughout the day when the thought of what the new year might bring scares me silly.

If I were generally a fearful missy this might be easily explained away. But, aside from my fear of black licorice, touching cigarettes, and of anything tight around my neck, I'm just not one to be haunted by irrational fears.

Wait...I almost forgot about frogs. Frogs send me into a panic.

And, OMG! Is anything more frightening than an old empty wooden wheelchair? I almost can't even write about an OEWWC without starting to hyperventilate!

Oh brother! Maybe Jay McD____ is right. Maybe you CAN call me crazy!

Although it looks to be an action packed year and these crazy, irrational fears are not high priority, I might try finding the time to let some of this go. I could well be munching on a piece of black licorice while wearing a turtleneck and buying cigarettes before the year is out!

But frogs and an OEWWC? I doubt 2010 is the year to deal with fears of such magnitude. I'll stick to the techniques that have served me well so far - covering my eyes and/or running away screaming. 

And speaking of letting go...I took the above picture from the car in northern Florida when we were driving back from St. Louis on New Year's Eve day. I don't get this flying the confederate flag thing. Somebody, please! Tell me what I'm missing.

By the way...Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment