Friday, December 11, 2009

Murky Filing


It's likely because I'm not one to leave stacks of papers lying about (at least for any length of time) that I've long thought my filing skills left nothing to be desired.

Kenny, on the other hand, would disagree. He's basing that solely on the fact that, back in the olden days when names, phone numbers and addresses were put into a small book kept near the phone, our family's book had names listed alphabetically - by first name. For those puppies among us reading this, we called that book an Address Book. 

This seemed completely normal to me but was a minor source of aggravation for Kenny. However, since he was more prone to saying, "Lar, can you get me so and so's phone number," as opposed to having the least intention of seeking out the address book himself, we did it my way.

But lately I seem to have trouble finding this or that piece of paper. Since there are no papers lying about I know what I need is filed somewhere but for the life of me I can't quite put my fingers on it. You'd think it could be under Taxes, Accountant, or possibly Papers I Might Need in 2010, but it's not.

Heavy Sigh. I think Kenny might be right. My filing system may be a little murky.

It's much easier in my closet where last year I began experimenting with a new system. I started with a green drawer - all my green clothes went into this drawer regardless of whether they were pajamas, sweatshirts, skirts, or undies.

This worked so well for me that this past spring, despite the scoffing of friends and family, I created a pink drawer.

My system still has a few kinks to be sure. Prints are an unusually broad category I've yet to address and I'm completely baffled as to what to with muted shades, but I think you can see the potential. It could just be HG TV worthy.

Oh wait! It just came to me! What I need is filed under Ick! Of course! 

Although Kenny appears to be frowning in the above picture, I think it's mostly an illusion created by the Fumanchu moustache. Once he reads this post and sees that I agree he's right, he'll be smiling large. 

He'll also probably want me to say, "You were right."  He just loves that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment