Monday, November 2, 2009

SHIFT



Some mornings I woke up with the strongest yearning for rose colored glasses. Rather than muggle over the whys and wherefores of such desire, one day I just bought a pair.

They work magic on an already glorious sunrise, but slipping them on does not set me assail on the good ship lollipop.  

I've long held a first class ticket on that vessel anyway and, generally speaking, there's no need for it to even leave the dock.

But my rose colored glasses do create an inner shift. I swear to you it's true. Some of my best ideas climb aboard when wearing them. I'm more easily able to hoist the anchor on stubborn problems. Words sail from my pen.

I think you get the picture. 

Oh My Goodness! Did you hear that? I think it is a crackerjack band!

Here's a poem that popped into my head yesterday afternoon when wearing my rose colored glasses. If packaged in a box it'd come with a warning: The words contained within have not been tested and the author makes no claims to being a poetess regardless of her eye wear. Read at your own risk.

Two hearts heavy and tattered
Each quiet with wear
Each savvy still knowing 
That love's waiting there 

Above you see a section of the bulletin board next to my desk. Donning my SHIFT necklace works along the same lines as my rose colored glasses. I've never tried wearing them both together though. Hmmm...now there's a thought.

The wildly handsome young man is my son, Kenny. He's holding the real Ella Bell of Nana's Socks - back when she was a wee babe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment