Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Garble

I was going to write about art today. How lovely it would have been to wax on about discovering another woman's creativity? About how a woman's hands had birthed an image that so touched my soul I couldn't take another breath unless it was in my hands as I headed homeward? About how I might even be prepared to slightly distort the actual cost of the piece so as not to disturb my husband.

But that must wait for another day. 

My computer is dying a not so slow death. Upon turning it on yesterday, the screen was - to use a term I learned only later in the afternoon - garbled. 

Garble is defined as "scrambled, lacking orderly continuity, and difficult to understand". This seems to imply one need only pay closer attention or listen more carefully - perhaps ask for clarification or a slowing of speech. 

The definition certainly doesn't address the extreme angst garble "births". It doesn't touch your heart or leave you breathless. Rather, you find yourself clutching at your heart and holding your breath. There's a lot of gasping as well.  

In short, despite it's bright, flashing colors, garble is nothing like art.

So, I'm ordering a new PC directly from HP. 

I had wanted a Mac. Not so much because two friends have shared with me their wonder at the change their Macs have wrought in their lives. But, I'm sad to tell you, mostly because of those TV commercials with the two PC versus MAC guys. 

That MAC fellow is just so cool! And, I really liked him in that movie with Bruce Willis - Live Free or Die Hard. 

In case you all haven't noticed, NERD is so in. If you doubt it, try watching my favorite TV show, The Big Bang Theory. I LOL every time I watch it.

My computer time at the library is up. Gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. This is Laurie Nienhause at her very best. Painting with an enchanting pallet, drawing the reader deeper into the cobweb. I wanted her to go on and on about the art work, yet before my eyes the computer imagery and the frustration took center stage and I was drawn into another reality. Both enchanting, truly an enchanting savant.

    ReplyDelete