Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Folly and Beauty


Yeow! That burns!


Even with my face directly in the path of the fan, I was still compelled to take quick panting breaths similar to those women in the final stages of labor find helpful.


Kenny chose that moment to walk past me on his way to the kitchen.


"Having a hot flash?"


"Sssss...whoooo...ssssss...whooo...ssss...no, I'm..."


"Why are you breathing so...oh my God! Your face! It's white!"


"I've frosted? Thank goodness! The acid has peaked!" I jumped up and ran past him on the way to the bathroom sink.


He followed, clearly bewildered. "You put acid on your face!? Where did you get it?"


I had already begun applying the baking soda paste that was to neutralize this acid. "I ordered it off the internet."


"Off the internet! What is it?"


"I don't know."  Why was this man so aghast? "It begins with a 'T' I think."


"You don't even know what it is!" How long would these questions continue? I'm a little busy trying to stop the burn.


"I'm reversing the hands of time here! Will you just leave me alone for a minute! " I didn't mean to come off sounding quite so much like Darth Vader but was I suppose to mix something else with the baking soda? This burning...it wasn't subsiding as quickly as the paperwork had implied.  

Kenny shook his head as he walked out. "I'm just sayin...this doesn't look like your smartest moment." 

Well, ten days later, the sloughing of dead brown skin had come to an end, revealing plump, fresh skin that promised renewed youth, dizzying happiness, and world peace.

I was thrilled with the results. My purchase had not been folly; nor was it dangerous. And, it had been easy on my pocketbook.

All in all it was a brilliant find - this trichloracetic acid (TCA). And I want to share this brilliant find with all of you. You can click on this independent link to learn general information about TCA:

http://www.syl.com/hb/trichloraceticacidpeelusageforremovingtheouterlayersofskin.html

Now at roughly $50 plus s/h you can get enough of this acid for 2-4 peels! So, while there are certainly stronger and newer peels available - with less down time, you can hardly beat the price.

I've only bought one bottle of the stuff and that from www.bestskinpeel.com. However, in addition to there being what I'd consider quite a bit of negative review of their company on-line, I never received a reply to my calls or emails when I attempted to reach them after purchasing. That doesn't work for me. I've since spoken with another company, Yavonae at www.tcapeels.com that I will order from next time. 

Lastly, since my post of August 26 (The Centenarian I'll Be) I've received a number of emails requesting I post some of my skin care recipes. I aim to please, so on Friday I'll be bringing some of those out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment