Wednesday, September 30, 2009

BirthdayNess


I love my birthday. I grew up in a family where the birthday girl reigned. You were awakened with kisses and there were presents, a new outfit, a special dinner of your choosing, and cupcakes for everyone. It's no wonder I'm still certain someone is at least thinking about throwing me a surprise party each year.

Seriously though, October 1st is the start of the holiday season. 

I don't think I've ever had a birthday I dreaded. I thought I was going to dread 30 but I didn't. I confess there was an inkling of angst at 31, but I'd hardly call myself traumatized. 

I actually looked forward to 50. All that occurred in the first half century only left me breathlessly awaiting for the next 50 years to begin. I might loosen my seat belt even more this time! "Oh no!" cries Laurie's mama.

And now, by 52, I've completely mastered the birthday celebration. It wouldn't matter if not a soul remembered my special day because I hear the birthday song playing in my head the moment I get up. I  beam with birthdayness.

Wanna a cupcake?

No comments:

Post a Comment