Monday, September 28, 2009

Being Moved


When Kim Hanbor and I saw each other at Art Under the Stars you might have thought we were old friends. But we're not. Our paths haven't crossed since I bought her Charlie Time over three years ago. (Charlie Time Post, 8/17/09). 

Even given the fact I lean towards the imaginative (and some might say dramatic), I'd still swear to you this photographic art called my name, snatched at the scarf trailing down my back, and made every attempt to hold me hostage. There would be no walking away from it.

So Charlie Time is our connection.

And, it's an interesting connection to have with an artist. Something rising from her spirit and born of her creativity connected with my own spirit. It causes us remember one another and to smile when our paths chance to again cross. 

There must somewhere be words written about this sort of thing as it's surely a universal experience. It's subtle, but there's a richness to it I would have hated to miss. 

And perhaps I would have missed it if I were only looking for wall art to match my sofa or my decor. Actually, home dec isn't among my areas of expertise as those who've helped me with my paint struggles will attest to. 

And it happened yet again at Art Under the Stars with Sirena by Sheila Elsea. Whether it was my mood or Sirena's pose, I found myself unable to tear myself away from this painting. She spoke to me and now she's mine. I'll also likely never forget the beauty of Sheila Elsea's smile.

I've long had a list of things I want my Kenny and Torie Montana to know and remember long after I'm gone. To that list I think I must add: At least once in your life buy a piece of art that calls your name. My wish for them is that the artist who created the piece calling to them is standing nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment