Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wishing for Shifts in Geography


Let me tell you what's not working so well for me any longer. Living in a different state than my sister. The older I get, the fact that St. Louis and Fort Myers Beach do not butt up to one another becomes ever more difficult.

I want to sit close to her and while away a few hours talking about our kids, our joys and aggravations. I want to discuss my writing projects and see her new pictures.




I want to have coffee with her at The Hartford Coffee Shop down the street from her house. I want to sit quietly with her, know
ing we're just as close whether we speak or not.

I want to look into her beautiful green eyes and marvel at how we can be so alike and yet so very different.


I want to wander about her house to see her newest decorating ideas and browse her new books. I want to go through her closet and discover the jeans she clearly never wears and see how they could best be coaxed into my suitcase.

But, alas, living closer is simply not in our immediate future. Heavy sigh on this point.

Yes, I did spend part of last night looking through family photos.


BTW, Darcie is the founder of The Jeremy Project. If you'd like to see some of her photos visit www.thejeremyproject.org.

P.S. Darcie and I sound alike and apparently begin looking more alike once you get to know us. Someone once told us we looked like twins but we thought they were batty.



1 comment:

  1. I think we are both the pretty sisters! What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete