Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Darcie Suggests



Apparently I'll do anything my sister, Darcie, suggests. This likely began when she wanted to ride on the handle bars of my bike as I cruised down a hill too steep for a passenger so precariously balanced. Or, it might have been when she suggested we host an impromptu party since our parents were out. 

Neither time went well for her by the way. I crashed the bike and she ended up with stitches in her chin. Our parents crashed our party but my one guest, Tom Boenig, was easily lost in the sea of her guests scaling our back fence in hasty retreat. The lone, remaining friend hiding in the closet didn't help her case either. 

But I digress. It was Darcie who suggested I begin a blog.

The funny thing is, I'd been casually researching blogs for about a year and had decided against it. My Sweet Willa's Review at GLily.com, with its devotion to the often oddball bits of tea and history, was serving me well.

There are also more tea blogs than you'd care to count, many requiring a strong cuppa to sustain you through endless descriptions of individual teas and their nuances. It makes you wonder if some teas come with a thesaurus or perhaps a booklet entitled "Metaphors for Teatime". 

"What on earth would I write about?"

"Write about your life."

"Why would anyone read that?" 

Her answer was something along the lines of, "Write it and they will come."

People have come to No Cobwebs Here. According to StatCounter.com over 1500 of you since June. I've no idea if that's good for a blog and as some of you have become precious regulars, real numbers are hard to figure.

What I do know is that posting three times weekly with the intent of wooing at least a smile from my readers has opened up my writing in unexpected ways.

Yet, I've the sense that No Cobwebs Here is preparing me for something. That could be wishful thinking but it's recently occurred to me that this might only be a 1-year project. I might just make my last post on the anniversary of my first - June 16ths It's Not Household Management.

I will, of course, have to see what Darcie suggests.

But tell me, would you call me a humorist? 

It's Darcie you see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment