Monday, October 19, 2009

Teacup Thumbs

When you're lost in conversation with a good friend it's easy for you both to forget you're not alone, that...for instance, you're actually surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people in Houston's Reliant Stadium waiting for U2 to begin playing.

Suzanne and I, both eager to see Bono live, were passing the time talking more about Qigong and the need for me to transform my hitch hiker thumbs into the softer holding teacup thumbs. 

As in yoga, form is everything. Another demonstration was in order and we both began to practice holding teacup thumbs in section 152, row J, seats 6 and 7.

And that is when the man next to me leaned over and whispered, "That looks a little witchy."

My reply?

I leaned towards him and whispered back, "We've got flying monkeys and we're not afraid to use them."

I've been dying to throw out that line! I wish I could claim it as my own, but alas, I cannot.

It's good though, isn't it? The man I threw it to paused, looked at me and smiled before whispering back.

"No, I bet you're not."

And then came Bono. 

The picture above are the hands of Ms. Suzanne Trotter.


2 comments:

  1. So my dear are you a witch? I certainly hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hesitant to claim the title, but I've had quite a few extraordinarily witchy moments to be sure.

    ReplyDelete