Friday, October 9, 2009

Fresh and Fly and Dank


 

Do you think I brought too many shoes to Texas? As I see them lined up here it does seem an excessive amount of footwear for a two week trip and I must tell you - I wasn't barefoot when I took the picture early this a.m.

Anyway, I've been preparing for my first gig, which is today. I was a little worried about this one as I was under the impression I'd be speaking for a middle school class. That demographic is a tough audience and I confess to being slightly scared to death.  Would they find me as charming as most of my audiences seem to? 

Hmmm...chances are good they might not. It's more likely they might just mock my vintage look and roll their eyes at my humor.  Cool is very hard to pull off with pre and early teens, especially when you appear before them in Edwardian inspired attire. 

I know cool is out of date. Am I looking to be fat or the bomb? Wait, those are old too. Suzanne's son, Paul, just informed me that fresh, fly, or dank is what I'm aiming for. 

But as it turns out, my audience will be third graders in an advanced cultural studies class. Whew! No problem. I'll be fresh and fly. 

I'm even expecting hugs. And I do love hugs. They're totally dank.

No comments:

Post a Comment