Monday, February 15, 2010

Wanted: Dream Manager

There are starry-eyed dreamers and then there are those long-armed dreamers who see their dreams within manageable reach. 

Long-armed dreamers are cloaked in a perpetual aura of busyness that creates a degree of angst in those around them.

"Do you ever just sit?"

"Well, of course...when I'm dreaming."

If you're a long-armed dreamer, you may have only one dream, a variety of related dreams continually bumping into one another, or dreams without the least connection to each other. 

I'm quite thankful I don't fall into this last category. There's likely a tendency to run oneself ragged and I expect exhaustion (or insanity) is a chief complaint of this demographic.

I fall into the second category. Aside from working on Steeped, I've currently two speaking program ideas jockeying for position with: three new play ideas, two short story ideas, one unfinished short story much offended that two others are looking to further extend it's lack of completion, and a new children's book idea.

Or should I chuck it all and begin work on the edgy teatime mystery novel I see brewing?

Which curtain should be pulled open?  I just don't know...and so...

"Help," she cried!

I do believe I'm in serious need of a dream manager.

And a really long life! But, more on that later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment