Sunday, September 8, 2013

List Mania



Along with insects, lists rule the world. And like insects, little thought is given to lists - other than the fact one is needed for whatever reason. This explains why the world is littered with paper scraps scribbled with needs, wants, wishes and to-dos.

Long ago and mostly because scraps of paper disappear in my world like magic on fire, I decided to exalt my lists. I began by purchasing a small notebook designated for them alone.

Yet as a woman who births multiple projects as if binging on fertility cocktails, I immediately ran into problems. My notebook was too small. It was also without tabs. What was I thinking!?

A big notebook, however, seemed cumbersome and somewhat pretentious. I opted instead for multiple notebooks - mid-range in size and in a lovely array of colors. A notebook for each project plus another for basic needs, wants, wishes and to-dos seemed the height of efficiency.

Yet, a new problem emerged. I could never remember which notebook housed what list...unless I made a list. But where would that list live? Surely not in another notebook! The answer seemed to be a scrap of paper.

You see my conundrum, don't you?  Stay tuned. It's more complicated than you imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment