Wednesday, September 4, 2013

No Footprints of a Giant Hound Yet...


My stray thoughts are gone! Gone I tell you! I fear there's been a crime.

The veil of suspicion first falls on A Teatime Travesty. My producing and playing a part in this play makes her an obvious suspect - especially as she continually leaves an ever-growing mountain of evidence in every room of my home.

Yet, other than creating new dusting opportunities and an alibi for my own whereabouts three nights a week, I can not pin this on A Teatime Travesty. Our attention must turn to the youngest and oldest in my world.


New baby Sully's recent eviction from his abode of the last nine months changed my status in the world and waffled my time. It's also clear, when constructing the time line for this crime, that his arrival coincides with the disappearance of my stray thoughts.

Don't let his innocent eyes and perfect hands, seemingly too tiny to grasp any stray thoughts sailing past him, fool you. Baby Sully is on our A-List.

At the opposite end of the spectrum is the oldest member of my family. I've long made it my business to do whatever is necessary to make my mother's life easy. Historically speaking, this has been an easy task requiring little of me. But our universe has shifted. It looked as if we were approaching an untrammeled road. In the end, we only bought the map. 

Yet, this incident also coincides with the loss of my stray thoughts. In addition to studying the map, perhaps I should check my mother's pockets.

It's sad when criminal elements touch one's life. But no worries. The game is afoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment