Sunday, May 5, 2013

The List of 25



On FB and in magazines I've lately been seeing people share 25 Things People Don't Know About Me. It got me thinking.

First off, there's the risk of sharing too much. But even greater is the risk of sharing such mundane bits of personal trivia that people associate your List of 25 with nap time. Does reading I now put sugar only in my morning tea cause you to yawn?

Are there those who, upon reading such a list, believe they now know you? Will some attempt to use such information to corner you in conversation? "Wowsa, Laurie. You ARE uncomfortable by that old wooden wheel chair!"

Upon deciding to develop my own list, I immediately ran into glitches running deeper than "Who Cares!" Will some feel betrayed you never shared such details with them? Will they despise having to read the List of 25 with the rest of the world? What if they develop their own List of 25 about you more insightful than your own!?

On the chance you want to develop your own List of 25, know it takes longer than you might think. My own required much waffling. Vastly different than waffles, which I love - especially when all the holes fill with butter.

ANYWAY... 
25 Things People Don't Know About Me....

I... 

1...was the youngest baby to survive open-heart surgery in 1959.
Figured beginning with a biggie would keep you reading 


2...have been doing yoga for 35 years. 

3...always quit exercise classes.
Wasted much money on this discovery
 


4...am phobic about touching cigarettes.

5...remain amazed I became a public speaker.
I used to be quite shy...truly.  


6...am fascinated by serial killers. 

7...am 90% grey.  
This could be a vicious rumor but it'll be years before we know for sure.

8...wake up almost every night at 2 a.m.

9...will never eat sushi.  
I mean never.   

10...could live on crab and creme brulee.
With a smattering of mashed potatoes occasionally thrown at me 


11...always drink coffee on tea event days.
I am not a traitor! 

12...currently am working on two plays, one short story and one eBook. 

13...salivate at the mere thought of soy sauce.

14...must make my bed, even if it's right before I get in it.

15...could care less about diamonds but have more opals than one woman needs.

16...once accidently turned my dryer on when my cat was in it.

17...faint occassionally.

18...still like Love's Fresh Lemon perfume best.

19...was a massage therapist for 18 years and am working on returning to it.

20...have used mostly my own homemade skin care products for over five years now.

21...have a great love affair with essential oils. 
Ah...Ginger! Lavender! Rosewood! 

22...am not good with improv or snappy comebacks. 
Always need a script or a moment! 

23...do not feel I'm an actress.
I'm a story teller! 

24...could easily be a hermit.

25...am losing my passion for gardening.

26...had my babies at home.
Sorry...found myself on a roll

Hey! Wake up! Are you still here? 

A list of 25 Things You Should NEVER Know About Me might have better held your attention...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment