Monday, August 6, 2012

A Flurry of Activity

There's a flurry of activity in my kitchen. There's:

... A Luscious Tomato Spread simmering in an open crock pot on the island counter.  

  I know it's perilously close to ketchup...alright, I confess, it's ketchup!

  You may have noticed this beloved condiment is rarely sighted during the tea hour. Thankfully, it's a writer's job to use all the tools of their trade, including poetic license - hence, Luscious Tomato Spread.

... Fresh rosemary is releasing it's oil into vodka on my window sill. More on that later this week.

... Strawberries are pickling in lavender and thyme in the refrigerator. Very Victorian and distinctly odd, yet intriguing when served with chunks of Havarti.

... An entire colony of Tapinoma Melanocephalum - more commonly known as the wildly irritating ghost ant - is hopefully drawing their last tiny breaths after ingesting the Borax-Sugar snack I've prepared for them. 

  Do I feel glee when checking on their enjoyment of my homemade treat? Alas, I cannot tell a lie. I'm toe-tappin gleeful.


  But I likely should stop the maniacal monologue I find myself engaging in.

Eat up my pretties!
Scurry on to your Queen!
Bwahahahaha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment