Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm Not My Tea Table

Like most on the planet, the last few days of the year find me looking at what's to come. The last 48 hours of being mired in glitches and changes to both my web sites - glily.com and laurienienhaus.com  - greatly adds to this sense of what is possible.

Although the possibility of creating a form in Dreamweaver plans to elude me for awhile longer. 

Anyway...I've going to stop being my tea table.

I adore my tea table. When in full regalia, it's a feast for the senses - mismatched old china, miscellaneous vintage napkins, glorious teapots and flowers arranged in antique salt and pepper shakers. It's eclectic. It's works.

Eclectic works less well in life after a certain point. I certainly don't want to mimic Pippi Longstocking's tea tablewhere one might find themselves actually perched upon the table while simultaneously avoiding precarious stacks of mismatched china.

Easier said than done, but I'm giving it a go this year.

Here's to possibility, my friends! I hope your New Year brims with it.

BTW, there is no possibility that I'll stop sewing vintage reproduction clothing. This is my newly finished 1920's French Tea Gown. I do have a use for it and, of course, if Pippi Longstocking ever asks me to tea......

2 comments: